donderdag 16 augustus 2007

Parcel packing

Today is my last day in Kolkata. On this last day I wanted to send a package to The Netherlands. If send a package, you first need to parcel it: they pack your stuff in a box, then they parcel it in a cotton cloath. Normally it takes only 15 minutes to do so. This man needed 2 hours!!

- First he had no stuff at all to do the packing

- Then he disappeared for 20 minutes. He came back with 1 small box and tried to put all my stuff in this little box. It was impossible.... I suggested to get another box. There he went again... finding another box somewhere on the streets.

- When he finally came back he said: '1 minute ok?' ... I wanted to answer but he was already gone...Finally I saw him with a teapot giving all the workers in the postoffice a little cup of tea, and finally I got a little cup too. That made me smile again..

- He came back and started packing my stuff, taking aaaaall the time of the world...I said I was in a hurry and need to check out from my hotel in time.. he nodded but went on at the same speed.. slowly he started with the next box.

- Then again, he disappeared!! he slowly came back with forms I had to fill in.. I wanted to grab them out of his hand bit he didn't let me do so. First he looked at the forms for several minutes, took his time to slowly torn them in the middle, them I got the forms. He had no pen.. I asked a lady in the post office if I could borrow hers.. in the beginning it was ok, but when my writing took to long (4 forms to fill in!) she got irritated.. I went outside to find a shop to by a pen..

- Finally my boxes were ready. Thank god! I had to wait in counter nr 3 to send them.. it was the busiest one.. it took me hours.... a men behind my in the row said to me: 'this lady is the slow lady. Everybody calls her the slow lady.' And she was.. no urge at all to work a little bit faster even though the row was getting longer and longer. How happy I was when it finally was my turn! That it took here more then 20 minutes to help me was ok for me, but all the others behind my were complaining...

2 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

Ha die Mila,

Geduld is een schone zaak haha, dat heb je toch geleerd bij de meditaties ;) Heb je wel mijn juiste adres en postcode doorgegeven anders ontvang ik die packages niet, alvast bedankt voor je kadootjes ;)

dikke kus,

Urs

Anoniem zei

He Mila-ji,

mij vertellen ze ook niks, maar volgens mij kan ik zeggen: welcome back soon !

Groet,

Sham